- Created by: Holly Thurston
- Created on: 21-04-13 17:34
What You Have to do in the Exam
- Your poetry exam has two sections. It will be split up like this: Unit 2: Poetry Across Time - Section A: Answer one question on poems from the Poetry Anthology. Section B: Answer one question on an unseen poem that's not in the Poetry Anthology.
- 1) The whole exam lasts 1 hour 15 minutes 2) Spend about 30 minutes answering the unseen poetry question 3) The question is worth 18 marks
- In your answer, you'll need to cover: 1) What the poem is about - The poem's message, themes 2) How the poet communicates these ideas using language, structure and form
- 5 steps to analysing poetry: 1) Work out what the poem's about 2) Work out the purpose, theme or message 3) Explore the emotions, moods or feelings 4) Identify the poet's techniques 5) Think about your own feelings about the poem
- Read the question and underline the key words i.e. what…