- Created by: Amber.x
- Created on: 08-02-20 19:50
The Early Modern World
View of Theatre
- It was a place primarily for entertainment, but also to discuss and debate important policitcal ideas.
- Collaboration was a fundamental part of theatre.
- It was also dangerous business, numerous play-wrights were jailed for anti-government plays.
- Puritans and religious extremists as disapproved, viewing them as places of vice and sin.
- They were specifically outlawed in 1640s and 1650s.
- Women and minorities were banned from the early modern stage.
Key word - …