- Created by: Sophie kendall
- Created on: 24-03-14 10:36
Common Exam Questions
Conservation of linear momentum
Total momentum before a collision/explosion=total momentum after collision/explosion, provided that no external forces act. The total momentum of a system remains constant as long as no external forces act.
newton's laws in relation to momentum
1. An object will remain in uniform motion as long as no resultant force acts.
2.The rate of change of momentum is directly preportional to the resultant force.
Induced EMFs (magnet being dropped through coil)
- a change in the magnetic field cuts through the coil.
- Induced EMF is preportional to the rate of change of flux linkage.
- Initial rise in EMF as magnet gets closer to coil
- First peak lasts longer and is not as high as the magnet is slower when it first enters…