- Important behaviour: only behaviour (response to envioronment), external-focused or internal.
- Conditioning/social learning: Use learning theory to explain disorders where major characteristic is behaviour.
- Learning envioronments: envioronments may reinforce problematic behaviours e.g. avoidance=less anxiety, depressive=help from others and society provides deviant maladaptive models children indentify,imitate with this.
- Experiments:Only on observable behaviours only appropriate way to prove. ABBA design: A=reward,B=no reward.
- Animal studies: Same basic laws apply, reasonable to generalise rat and pigeon studies. Principles established by non-human animal studies.