- Microscopic single-celled organisms
- Simpler than plan and animal cells
- No 'true' nucleus
- No mitochondria
- No chloroplasts
- No vacuole
- Asexual reproduction (binary fission)
- Can produce rapidly under the right conditions. Grown commercially on a large scale in fermenters.
- Grow and reproduce very quickly
- Diseases spread quickly because the conditions inside the human body are ideal
- Food can become contaminated by the toxic waste produced by bacteria as they feed
- Important to use aseptic techniques so that harmful bacteria don't grow along with the useful ones.
1) Clean work surface with bleach before and after handling bacteria
2) Wash your…