- Created by: eloise.wroe01
- Created on: 16-04-19 13:55
Lenin- The Cheka and the GPU
Lenin on Terror
- Terror an essential part of Lenin's strategy for staying in power- he saw it as a legitimate part of the revolution.
- A temporary measure which should be abandoned once the revolution was secure?
The Cheka and the Red Terror
- Embodied Lenin's view on revolutionary violence.
- Established in Dec 1917
- Targetted the counter-revolutionaries
- Head of the Cheka= Felix Dzerzhinsky 1917-26
The Role of the Cheka
- Protect communist rule in…