- God is that than which nothing greater can be conceived. We can't think of anything greater than God so therefore God must exist.
- It is only based on definition, humans are limited in their understanding and knowledge.
- How can we define God if we don't fully understand what he is like?
- The universe must have come from somewhere- Christians believe it came from God, God is the first cause as everything has a cause and effect
- There must be a first cause, the only thing powerful enough is God
- What caused God?
- There are also scientific theories such as the Big Bang which explains that matter is eternal, it has always been there
Teleological (Design) Argument:
- The world shows it has been created or designed by someone- so complex
- Paley watch (a watch is so complex it must have been designed not just made) and Newtons thumbprint…