- Created by: Natalie
- Created on: 09-04-13 20:00
- Osmosis is the movement of water from a dilute concentration to a concentrated solution.
- Water enters root hair cells by osmosis.
- Animal cells burst in a dilute concentration, because too much water enters by osmosis.
- Plant cells don't burst in a dilute concentration because of the cell wall.
- Cells shrink if they are placed into a concentrated solution because water leaves by osmosis.
- Osmosis needs a partially permeable membrane.
- Diffusion and osmosis are passive, so happen without energy.
- Active transport requires energy.
- Active transport goes against the concentration gradient.
- Alveoli are needed to get oxygen into the blood and carbon dioxide out of the blood.
- Exchange surfaces are adapted for efficient diffusion.
- Ventilation exchanges gases in the lungs.
- The diaphragm and rib muscles are needed for ventilation.
- The heart pumps blood around the body.
- Arteries carry blood away from the heart…