- Gaseous Exchange is the exchange of Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen between the blood and the air in the lungs
- The upper part of the body (chest area) is called the thorax, and the lower part is called the abdomen.
- The thorax and abdomen are seperated by a muscle called the diaphragm.
- The diaphragm is used in ventilation.
- When we inhale (breathe in) the volume of the lungs needs to increase to allow air in.
- The intercostal muscles (the muscles between the ribs) contract, which forces the ribcage…
Similar Biology resources: