- Created by: O.Langford
- Created on: 07-01-17 14:30
- Play begins IN MEDIUS REX alike to Oedipus (middle of action).
- Antigone sets out background information - reminds the audience of the curse of Oedipus' family and the decree Creon has set out that no one shall bury or even mourn Polynices as a traitor to the city.
- Implores Ismene to share the labour and bury him.
- In her refusal, Ismene sets out the sadness that has occurred to their family by outlining the suicide of Jocasta and the expelling of Oedipus.
- Also talks of how women are "not born to contend with men." = also how she cannot stand against those in power.
- Antigone replies proudly - that Ismene now won't be welcomed into the labour and her death through the act will be an honour.
- When Ismene declares she'll keep it secret, Antigone tells her to "tell…