- Created by: Emilywilkinson12
- Created on: 09-05-18 15:02
- key study 1 - Lorenz's reseach - Imprinting:
- procedure - Lorenz set up a classic experiment which he randomly divided 12 goose eggs, half hatched with the mother goose in their natural environment and the other half hatched in an incubator where the first moving object they saw was lorenz.
- Findings - The incubator group followed Lorenz everywhere whereas the control group, hatched in the presence of their mother, followed her. When the 2 groups were mixed up the control group continued to follow the mother and the experimental group followed Lorenz. this phenomenon is called imprinting - whereby bird species that are mobile from birthattach to and follow the first moving object they see. Lorenz identified a critical…