- Created by: goldstar3
- Created on: 25-10-18 15:44
Fertility can be controlled by hormonal and non-hormonal methods. Contraception means preventing pregnancy.
Each method does 1 of the following:
- Stops the sperm from reaching the egg,
- Stops eggs being produced
- Stops the fertilised egg developing in the uterus
1. Barrier methods
- condoms and diaphragms stop the sperm from reaching the egg
2. Spermicidal jelly
- kills or disables sperm
- Abstaining from sexual intercourse when an egg may be in the oviduct - not very effective.
4. Intrauterine Device (IUD)