Importance of Baptism
- Basis of a Christian Life and without it, you can't recieve another sacrement - Catechism
- Through Baptism, a person is helped by the Catholic church to become a new person and grow in faith
- Baptism washes away the persons orginal sin and it helps them acheive salvation
- The Cathechism says that baptism is the only way to have salvation and wiothut salvation you are unable to get to heaven.
1 of 4
Importance of confirmation
- It makes a person a full member of the Church
- Only people wh are confirmed can take on lay minstries
- During confirmation, the gift of the Holy Spirit is given to give strength and to help the individual to live a Christian life.
- In Baptism, it is the parents and godparents who make the promise, whereas in confirmation, the indiviadual makes the choice to declare their faith.
2 of 4
Importance to Reconciliation
- It offers the person to be able to strengthen relationship with God.
- During the sacrement, the gift of grace gives the person help to live a Christian Life.
- Allows the indiviadual reconcile with the community as well as God.
- The sacrement gives foregiveness for serious sins,so they can recieve the Eucharist and salvation to enter heaven.
3 of 4
Importance of Anoiting of the Sick
- The sacrament gives grace, spiritual strength and healing to help support the individual
- The sacrament makes all Christains holy, not only those recieving it.
- It is reassuring because of the love of the parish for a sick person.
- Allows the persons sins to be forgiven, so they can enter heaven.
4 of 4