- The 2 plate boundaries ether rub against or together each other.
- This causes pressure to build up and with a jolt releases the energy (seismic waves), causing an earthquake.
- This could be made worse by the rock type and if the focus is near the top of the earth then more energy comes out.
- Example: San Andreas Fault- San Francisco.
1 of 4
- The two plates collide together and go up creating a fold up montain.
- Example: Mount Everest- Himalayas
2 of 4
3 of 4
- Oceanic crust always goes under the continental plate (subduction).
- Oceanic crust is melted due to friction by movement.
- Magma rises causing gaps in the contintal plate so a volcano forms.
- Examples: Ring of Fire- Pacific Ocean
4 of 4