- Created by: Breedelahaye
- Created on: 06-01-19 13:01
- In a transverse wave, the displacement is at right angles to the direction of propagation of the wave, for example, water ripples.
- Earthquakes have a transverse shaking wave.
1 of 2
- When displacement occurs in the same direction that the wave travel, for example, sound wave, is a longitudinal wave
- The displacement of particles along the direction in which the wave is propagating, lead to a series of compressions and rarefactions.
2 of 2
Similar Applied Science resources: