- Created by: Pena_Iiyambo
- Created on: 28-12-14 18:57
THE Storm Hydrograph
The Storm Hydrograph
A storm hydrograph shows how a particular river responds to a storm.
- When a storm begins, discharge (amount of river water) does not increase immediately as only a little of the rain will fall directly into the channel.
- The first water to reach the channel after reaching the ground will be surface-runoff.
- The gap between the time of peak rainfall and peak discharge is called Lag Time.
- A river with a short lag time and a high discharge is more likely to flood.
1 of 1