3 main parts of the body
There are three main parts of the body:
1 of 5
The head has many important bits:
- The eyes
- The nose
- The brain
- The ears
- The mouth
- The scalp
2 of 5
The thorax has the following main parts:
- Lungs - Stores the body's oxygen and are like pumps that push the air around and out the body.
- Heart - Pumps the blood around the body.
- Stomach - Breaks down the food with HCI (hydrochloric acid) by mixing them together.
3 of 5
The main parts which make up the Limbs:
4 of 5
Organs and their functions
- Small intestine - To absorb nuitrience and water.
- Large intestine - To absorb the water from undigested foods.
- Kidney - To remove waste from the blood in the body
- Brain - Connected to all the organs in the body, sending messages and controlling movement.
- Liver - blood filteration.
- Appendix - No real use in humans.
- Bladder - stores liquid waste.
5 of 5