- Created by: fahmeedabegum
- Created on: 15-12-18 12:36
Principles of Organisation
- Cells are basic building blocks of all living organisms
- A tissue is a group of cells with a similiar structure and function (job)
- Organs are a group of tissues that together have a specific function
Organs are organised into Organ systems, which work together to form Organisms
1 of 2
The Human Digestive System: ENZYMES
The Digestive System is one example of a system in which humans and other mammals exchange substances with the enviroment.
- Catalysts increase the rate of chemical reactions
- Enzymes are biological catalysts
- Different enzymes are produced and work in different parts of the digestive system
- These enzymes catalyse the breakdown of large insoluble molecules in our food into smaller soluble molecules.
- These are then able to be absorbed throught the wall of the small intestine and then they dissolve in our blood and carried around the body
2 of 2