- Created by: usaid
- Created on: 01-12-09 10:01
Reasons for the decline in the birth rate (sociological perspectives since 1900)
-social,economic,cultural,legal,political and technological factors.
There were major changes in the position of women during the 20th century:
CHANGES IN THE POSITION OF WOMEN
- Legal equality with men, e.g. right to vote
- Increased educational opportunities-girls do better than boys at school
- More women in paid employment
- laws outlawing unequal pay & sex sex discrimination.
- Changes in attitudes to family life & womens role
- Easier access to divorce
- Access to abortion, reliable contraception
resulting in women seeing other possibilities in life apart from the traditional housewife role and mother. man are delaying childbearing,