Solar system (P1)
- A star called the Sun is in the centre of our system system.
- Eight planets -> circular orbits around the sun.
- The four planets closets to the sun are solid rock; the four outer planets are gas giants.
- Each planet may have a number of moons (balls of rock) in a near-circualar around it.
Asteroids are irreuglar lumps or rock, mostly in a near-circular orbit between mars and jupiter.
- Comets are small objects made of rock and ice, with very elongated orbits around the sun.
- Dwarf planets, such as Pluto , are small speherical lumps of rock in orbit around the sun.
- Nearly all (99%) of the solar system's mass in the sun.
- Heaviest planet: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Earth,Venus, Mars and Mercury.
- Largest Orbit: Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Earth ,Venus and Mercury
1 of 1