Religious Attitudes To Caring For The Elderly.
- The elderly are respected for their wisdom and knowledge.
- Caring for the elderly builds up good KARMA.
- Honor your father and mother (ten commandments)
- The elderly should feel safe and secure in their homes.
- Many hospices that care for the elderly have christian foundings. (St Ann's Hospice)
- Extended families are part of hindu lives.
- Parents are to be treated like gods.
- Duty to the eldest son to provide and care for the elders in the family.
- Parents are to be shown kindness and respect.
- Those who do not honor their parents are not part of UMMAH. (A community of Muslims.
- Residential homes are not used in Muslim culture, but hospices are.
1 of 1