In what order do you make a bottle feed
- Make sure you have a clean and sterilised bottle
- Pour the cooled boiled water into the bottle
- Add the required amount of milk powder (stated on the tub)
- Put the lid on tightly and shake until there are no remaining lumps
- Heat the bottle if required
1 of 6
Why do you sterilise a babys bottle?
- To kill bacteria from the bottle
- To prevent Gastroenterisis
2 of 6
How do you know when a baby is ready to be weaned?
- Hungry after feeds
- Starting to grow teeth
3 of 6
What are the different types of sterilisers
- Coldwater Steriliser
- Microwave Steriliser
- Electric Steriliser
4 of 6
When do you stop sterilising bottles?
When the baby is being weaned but you do it 2-3 weeks after
5 of 6
Why shouldn't you add salt to baby food?
It can lead to kidney failiure as the baby isnt used to it
6 of 6
Similar Home Economics: Child Development resources: