- Created by: Eema003
- Created on: 31-01-16 13:58
The passage of water from a region of high water potential to a region of lower water potential through a selctively permeable membrane.
1 of 3
- Cell-surface membranes are selectively permeable.
- Permeable to water molecules and few other small molecules.
- Not large molecules.
2 of 3
- Water potential is represented by psi (insert picture of mini trident looking symbol).
- Measured in kilopascals (Kpa).
- Water potential is the pressure created by water molecules.
- 25 degrees C and 100 Kpa, pure water has a water potential of 0 .
- The water potential of a solution must always be a negative value .
- The highest water potential is 0.
3 of 3