- Created by: KatrinaAnnMarie
- Created on: 30-03-15 15:55
Slim is a respected worker
- Slim is a "jerkline skinner" (he controls a team of mules)--a very skilled job. He's easy-going and his work team is the best one to be on
- He's described as "the prince of the ranch" and he has "authority" --people listen to what he says
- Slim's fit and healthy--which means he attracts the attention of Curley's wife. He's the only person she addresses by name, and he calls her "Good-lookin'"
- Slim isn't intimidated by Curley's wife. He gives her the attention she's so desperate for by commenting on her appearance. This also shows that he's not afraid on Curley
1 of 2
Slim is there at key moments
- He supports Carlson at the crucial moment before Candy's dog is killed. This isn't cruelty--it's practical. The dog was old and was suffering
- When he drowns four of his own dog's puppies he simply says "She couldn't feed that many." He had to kill some or else they would have all died
- He organises Curley's trip to the doctor when Lennie breaks his hand
- He twice says that Lennie has to be killed at the end--"I guess we gotta get 'im"
- It's Slim who comforts George after he's shot Lennie--he sits next to him, then takes him off for a drink
2 of 2