- Created by: Dominik is back
- Created on: 09-05-13 23:10
Chapter 1 key points.
- Tambu talks about the events that lead up to Nhamo's death.
- Explains Nhamo's everyday life.
- Going to school and coming home from school, studying and reading books.
- Tambu want's to go to school and recieve an education.
- It gives a description of Nhamo.
- He is obnoxious and unfair to his younger sisters by making then carry his luggage.
- He taunts Tambu because he is receiving an education as Tambu is not.
- Tambu doesn't get along with Nhamo nor does her younger sisters.
1 of 7
Chapter 2 key points.
- Tambu explains how her family is poor and that they do have funds to send her to school.
- Tambu has to sell maize, so that she can make money for the school feel, whom she keeps with the school's headmaster.
- The mother of Tambu has to sell boiled eggs at the bus termius to pay for the fees, which, is only enough for Nhamo.
- Nhamo and Tambu get into a fight at Sunday school.
- Over the mealies stolen fron Tambu by Nhamo.
- With the money from the maize she has sold, Tambu went back to school for the next 2 years.
2 of 7
Chapter 3 key points.
- Arrival of Babamukuru.
- He is praised as a God.
- Comes to the homestead in a calvacade.
- He is praised as a God.
- Tambu is left out from the reunion as she didn't go to the airport.
- Nhamo is brought back to the mission by Babamukur
- Relief for Tambu
- Tambu is accepted amongst the women in the Kitchen.
- So that Nhamo is committed to studying, he is to go live at the mission.
3 of 7
Chapter 4 key points
- Tambu heads off to the mission with Babamukuru
- She is overwhelmed of Babamukuru's house and luxuries.
- Tambu is suprised of the way Nyasha speaks to her mother Maiguru. With lack of respect.
- Tambu shares a room with Nyasha and disapproves of her. Because of disrespect to her mother.
4 of 7
Chapter 5 key points
- Tambu goes to school with Nyasha.
- Tambu starts to learn English and speak fluently.
- Many English ways, Tambu learns from Nyasha e.g how to use a tampon.
- Nyasha gets into a fight with Maiguru over a book.
- The classmates of Nyasha thinks of her as she is trying to be "white".
5 of 7
Chapter 6 key points
- Nyasha is studying for her exams, of which she has intention to pass.
- Nyasha however is concerned of losing weight.
- Tambu admires the Whites at the mission.
- Nyasha is called a whore and is hit by Babamukur.
- Due to problems with Babamukuru, Nyasha stops eating.
6 of 7
Chapter 7 key points
- Tambu, Babamukuru, Nyasha and Maiguru return the the village.
- As they arrived to the homestead, Tambu realises the squaler she used to live in.
- Jeremiah doesn't live at the homestead but lives with Lucia.
- Tambu's mother Ma'shingay is pregnant and ill.
7 of 7