- Created by: Libbytyler
- Created on: 24-03-15 16:59
Corelli - context
- Corelli was an Italian composer who composed in the late baroque period.
- He was paid by the church not a patron.
- This piece was played for entertainment/for church services.
- A trio refers to 3 melodic lines, however 4 instruments are required to play this piece because the continuo part includes an organ as well as a violone.
- This piece is part of a sonata and it is the last movement, therefore it is a fast movement. In the baroque period, the term sonata meant sounded and would only be played by a small group of instruments.
1 of 1