MSM of memory (Atkinson and Shiffrin) is based on the assumption that there are 3 kinds of memory:
- Sensory memory - Entered through 5 main senses & stored briefly here until either recognised or no longer needed.
- Short-term memory - Storing info ,between 15-30 seconds.
- Long-term memory - Concerned with remembering things for longer periods of time (from a few minutes to a lifetime).
- Evidence from lab experiments
- Distinguishes between short and long term memory stores
- Explanations are too simplistic
- Rehearsal is not well explained
1 of 1