- Created by: cg97
- Created on: 06-05-13 09:40
- Look for suggestions/implications with a particular focus on finding patterns and themes
- Identify techniques - similies, metaphors etc.
- Identify the level of formality and the use of pronouns --> I, you, we, he she, it, them etc.
1 of 5
Fact and Opinion
- Look for the balance (or lack of it) between the author's opinion and actual facts
- Think of how these are positioned --> for example, a lot of facts at the start might be trying to establish the authority of the writer
2 of 5
- Look at how varied they might be
- What might they be trying to emphasise?
3 of 5
- Length: are they long? Are they short?
- Look at how the ideas are arranged in the paragraph
4 of 5
- Look at how the paragraphs link together
- The order that the ideas and information are placed into
- Does the end link back to the beginning?
- Is there an alternative viewpoint in the middle?
5 of 5