- Created by: meganeve03
- Created on: 20-05-19 13:48
- The decree for the protection of people and state allowed for opponents to be arrested and placed in 'protective custody' in newly constructed concentration camps.
- First camp was set up in Dachau in the state of Bavaria in March, 1933
- By mid 1934,these camps were being run by a part of the known as the Death's Head Unit.
- Those imprisoned had to endure extremely harsh conditions.
1 of 2
- While most early inmates ofthe camps were political prisoners, before long other groups suffered INTERNMENT.
- JEWS,COMMUNISTS,GYPSIES,HOMOSEXUAL PEOPLE,ALCOHOLICS AND PROSTITUTES
2 of 2