informal carers and private practitioners. the independent sector has become increasingly important because:
- conservative and recent labour govts have deliberatly encouraged independent sector provision.
- demographic factors including the ageingpopulation have created a growing demand for health and social care.
- a rise in the number of women in paid work, outside of the home has increased the need for child care services.
1 of 2
the private sector
- care is sold to the publicto make a profit.
- service users may pay directly for care or have private health insurance.
- some goverment run organisations agree a funding contact
2 of 2