- Created by: Ryan Gliddon
- Created on: 08-06-10 17:58
The Nervous System
- Sense Organs detect stimuli - a change in environment which the organ can react quickly to.
- The sense organs have different receptors. These are a group of cells which are sensitive to a stimulus. They change stimulus energy to electrical impulses.
- A stimulus can be light, sound, taste, touch, pressure, or a change in position or temperature.
1 of 2
The Central Nervous System
- The central nervous system co-ordinates a respnse. It's where all the information from sense organs are sent, and where reflexes and actions are co-ordinated.
- The CNS is only the brain and the spinal cord.
- The neurones transmit the information to and from the CNS.
2 of 2