- Created by: Mollie Allen
- Created on: 31-05-14 20:09
- These are substances made up of small molecules with a strong convalent bonds which have weak forces between them so they can easily be parted.
- Therefore the melting and boiling points are very low.
- They do not conduct electricity as there are no ions.
1 of 2
- All atoms are bonded together by strong convalent bonds.
- Main examples are diamond and graphite which are both made only from carbon atoms.
- The strong bonds means that the substances have very high melting and boiling points.
- All substances do not conduct electricity, but graphite does.
2 of 2