- Created by: starshooter786
- Created on: 25-04-14 16:07
1) The atoms in metals are arranged in a regular pattern.
2) These atoms are the same size
3) The layers of atoms in metals can slide over each other this means that metals can be bent and shaped.
1) An alloy is 2 or more metals mixed together.
2) Different metals have different atom sizes this means that there are no nice neat layers in alloys as there are In metals.
3) This makes it harder for the atoms in alloys to slide over each other so alloys are harder.