Plant and Animal cells
Both plant and animal cells have:
- Nucleus - contains genetic material which controls the activities of the cell.
- Cytoplasm - most of the chemical reactions happens here, controlled byenzymes.
- Cell Membrane - holds cell together. Controls what goes in and out.
- Mitochondria - most reactions for respiration take place here.
- Ribosomes - where proteins are made in the cell.
1 of 3
Plant Cells have a few extra things:
- Cell Wall - It supports the cell and strengthens it. Made of cellulose.
- Permanent vacuole - contains cell sap, made of sugar and salts.
- Chloroplasts - photosythesis happens here. They contain a green substance called chlorophhyll.
2 of 3
Yeast and Bacterial Cells
- Yeast is a single celled organism!
- It's a micro-organism
- It has a NUCLEUS, CYTOPLASM and a CELL MEMBRANE, surrounded by a CELL WALL.
- They have NO NUCLEUS
- They have a CYTOPLASM AND A CELL MEMBRANE AND A CELL WALL
- Genetic material floats in the cytoplasm, because there is no nucleus.
3 of 3