Narborough Road, Leicester
- Narborough road runs south west from the CBD to the M1.
- along Narborough road many different types of shop can be found.
- in the CBD are mainly chain shops and department stores eg. Primark.
- Westcotes is the inner city ward.
- Westcotes is where the shopping pardes can be found along the A46 as well as many corner shops.
- in the suburbs, neighborhood shopping parades can be found in estates within the Rowley Fields ward.
- There is an out of town shopping centre named Fosse Park. This can be found at junction 21 of the M1 where a number of shops can be found here such as Asda.
- These are a problem for local shop owners.
- Sphere of influence
- high/ low order goods
1 of 4
- Urban area in the western part of surrey
- 31 miles south west of central London
- Old dean & St.Pauls wards
- st.Pauls dominant age group - 44 - 65 year olds.
- Old deans dominant age group - young families
- St. Pauls : 81.6% 5+ A*-C GCSE's ( well educated)
- St. Pauls: Detached - owner occupied 82.7%
- Old Dean: Semi Detached - 54.6%
Tenure - Tenure is the legal right to live in a house. housing tenure is usally split into; council housing, owner occupied and private rented.
2 of 4
Access to mosques in Barcelona, Spain
- There are 16 mosques in Barcelona.
- 10 of which are clustered in Ciutat Vella.
- Where as only 3 can be found in El Raval.
- 27.6% of poeple living in Ciutat Vella are muslim imigrants from Morrocco and Pakistan.
- Ciutat Vella and El Ravel are both some of the cheapest districs of Barcelona.
- As immigrants do low paid work and can't afford to live in richer areas in Barcelona they are forced into these to districs - hence the reason for so many mosques close together.
- The districs also have many shops which cater for the Muslim population such as Halal buthchers.
3 of 4
Ceara Province to Sao Paulo
- Rural to Urban migration.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Brazil is located in South America.
- People migrate from the Ceara Province to Sao Paulo.
- Creation of reserviors has pushed people from their lands.
- Drought has caused crop failure.
- Life expectancy is low 55 years.
- Education is poor. Adult literacy 51%.
- Medical care is very poor. Infant mmortality of 112 per 1000.
- There are very few jobs other than faarming for sugar.
- Many job opportunities.
- Medical care is better, fewer than 57 deaths per 1000 for infant mortality.
4 of 4