- Can't be broken or made at temperatures in living organisms
- ALWAYS made or broken by the action of enzymes.
- Represented by strong lines in chemical structures.
- Formed between two atoms
- Usually hydrogen...
- Slight positive charge...
- And another atom...
- Usually oxygen or nitrogen...
- Slight negative charge.
- Easily made and broken inside cells
- Represented by dotted lines in chemical structures.
1 of 3
- Only contain CARBON, HYDROGEN and OXYGEN.
- INCLUDES monomers, dimers and polymers.
2 of 3
Formula = CH2On
n can equal 3 - 7
Most common is glucose.
- in animals is the main transport of sugar in the blood.
- concentration is carefully controlled
- many isomers of glucose - galactose and fructose.
3 of 3