Religious upbringing - Christianity Main Features
- Main Features of Christian upbringing-Christian parents:
- are likely to have their babies baptised. As part of this sacrament, the parents will promise to bring up their children as Christians and so encourage them to believe in God
- will teach their child to pray to God.
- will take their children to worship God in Church.
- will send their children to Sunday School to learn about God and Christian faith.
- If you had a Christian upbringing, belief in God will appear natural to you because:
- Your parents will have told you about God as part of their promises to bring you up as a Christian and young children, believe what their parents tell them.
- Christians usually teach their children to pray to God. This will make the children believe that God exists because he listens to their prayers. If God did not exist, they and their parents would not waste their time praying to nothing. So because they've been brought up to pray, they believe that God must exist.
- Going to Church and seeing so many people praying to God and worshipping God is likely to make them think that God must exist.
- Going to Sunday School would support belief in God because children would learn why Christians believe in God and what they believe about him.
1 of 1