Cells - Animal
Animal Cells have:
- Cell membrane - controls movement of materials.
- Cytoplasm - where many chemical reactions happen.
- Nucleus - controls the activities of the cell.
- Ribosomes - proteins are synthesised (made) here.
- Mitochondria - energy is released during aerobic respiration.
Cells - Plant
Plant Cells have all 5 things that animal cells have.
They also have:
- Cell Wall - give the cell support & shape.
- Chloroplasts - contain chlorophyll for photosynthesis.
- Permanent Vacuole - contains cell sap.
Materials that can move across the cell membrane are Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen & Glucose.
Cells - Specialised Cells
Some examples of specialised cells are:
- In animals - sperm cells & nerve cells.
- In plants - root hair cells & xylem.
Differentiation happens as organisms develop and some cells become specialised to carry out certain jobs.