- substances are disoved and moved in and out of cells
Active transport :
- ACROSS A PARTIALLY PERMEABLE MEMBRANE
- AGAINST CONCENTRATION GRADIENT
- low concentration to high
It's like riding a bike, its easyer to go down hill (with the concentration gradient) and harder to go up (against the concentration gradient) going up the hill requires alot of energy like like active transport. energy comes from resporation. lots of mitrochondria = more resporation = more energy!
as a result...
cells can absorb ions from very dilute solutions. it allows sugars to move through cell membrane
needed in plants so can get mineral ions fro soil.
needed to move glucose out of gut and kidneys into the bloodstream
* substances are sometimes absorbed against a concentration gradient, this is called Active Transport
* Active Transport uses energy from resporation
* cells can absorb ions from very dilute solutions and move molecules through cell membranes using Active Trnsport