Slides in this set
· Qwerty keyboard are the most common type of
keyboard . The name comes from the first row of
letters on the keyboard.
· Keyboard is used to enter words and figures , often
copied from a paper document .
· Each key is connected to a switch which closes
when the key is pressed. This sends a signal to
CPU based on the key's location.
· Qwerty keyboards are based on the way typewriters
Concept keyboards are faster but more limited. Pictures
or symbols can be used to represent some item of…read more
Advantages & Disadvantage of a
· Most computers come · It is easy to make
with a keyboard mistakes when typing
supplied. in data
· People are used to · If you can't touch
using keyboards to type, it can be time
enter data, they need consuming to enter
very little training. data
· A skilled typist can · Keyboards are not
enter data very suitable for creating
· Excessive use can…read more
· A mouse has a tail in the form of a wire
connecting it to the computer .
There are usually two or three buttons:
· The pointer is icon, menu item , or the edge of a
picture , the mouse buttons can be clicked or
double-clicked to give the computer a command.
· A button can also be held down to drag
something across the screen.
· Mice tell the computer direction. This is used to
move the pointer on the screen.…read more
Advantages and Disadvantages of a mouse
· Ideal for use with · They need a flat
desktop computers space close to the
· Usually supplied as computer
part of a new computer · The rollers in mice
system that use balls can
· Most computer users become clogged
are familiar with them with grease and
and require little grime and lose their
training accuracy until
· Works well in cleaned.
conjunction with a · Overuse can lead to…read more
· A touch pad is used controls the positions of the cursor on the screen.
· A touch pad is used instead of a mouse on a laptop .
· The movement of your fingers on the touch pad is mirrored by the pointer on
· There are also buttons next to the touch pad to make selections.
· Useful for laptops when using a
· Takes practice and skill to control the
mouse isn't practical.
position of the cursor using the
· The pad's position is fixed compared
to the keyboard, unlike with a
· Gloves cannot be worn.
· Moist, sweaty or calloused fingers
· Very short finger movements are
can disrupt the signals picked up by the
required to move the cursor.