Slides in this set
What is Electrolysis?
· If you pass an electric current through an ionic substance that is
molten or in solution, it breaks down into the elements it is made of
· The electrolyte the liquid required to conduct the electricity.
They contain free ions (usually molten or dissolved in ionic substance)…read more
Electrolysis and the Electrodes
· For an electrical circuit to be complete, there has to be a flow of
· Electrons are taken away from ions at the positive electrode and
given to other ions at the negative electrode
· As ions lose or gain electrons they become atoms or molecules that
are released…read more