Slides in this set
Inheritance and Selection
· Where are chromosomes found?
· How many chromosomes are there in a
human body cell?
· What happens at fertilisation?
· Why does the fertilised egg not contain 92
· A fertilised egg divides again and again.
· Every cell produced contain the same
number of chromosomes.
· Every cell contains the same genes.
· This kind of cell division is called mitosis.
· Almost every cell in a human contains
....... chromosomes.…read more
Cell division 2
· When sex cells (eggs and sperm) are formed,
the number of chromosomes is halved.
· This involves a special type of cell division
· Human sex cells contain ..... chromosomes.
· Meiosis produces cells which are all slightly
different that is why brothers and sisters
from the same parents are not identical.…read more