- Water Balance
- Worked out from inputs (precipitation) and outputs (channel discharge)
- Water balance affects how much water is stored in the basin.
- In wet seasons, rain exceeds evaptrans creating water surplus. Ground stores fill so more SA, higher discharge, river levels rise
- In drier seasons, rain lower than evapotrans, ground stores depleted as some water used (plants+humans+flows in river channel) but isnt replaced by precipitation .
- Therefore at the end of a dry season theres a deficit (shortage) of water in the ground. Ground storage recharged next wet season.