- Paul Poiret
- His designs were built on the concept that the shape of women should be a natural stance.
- He was the first designer to introduce perfumes and cosmetics.
- He ditched the tight corsets which distorted women's figures.
- His controversial and revolutionary ideas were to have a lasting effect on fashion.
- He was highly influenced by the middle-east, India.
- He introduced the Turkish and harem skirt.
- 1911 - his very narrow hobble skirts were so narrow at the hem that it was impossible to take steps more than 5-7cm.
- Poiret was a leading French designer, a master couturier during the first to decades of the 20th century.