- Data Protection Act 1998
- 1.Must be collected and used fairly and inside the law.
- 2.Must only be used for the purpose it was given for.
- 3.You can't share the information with others unless stated.
- 4.The information held must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- 5.Must be accurate and be kept up to date.
- 6.Must not be kept longer than is necessary for the registered purpose.
- 7.Must be kept safe and secure. This includes keeping the information backed up and away from any unauthorised access.
- 8.The files may not be transferred outside of the Europe