- Created by: Gem_22
- Created on: 29-05-15 09:40
- Locarno Treaty 1925
- Called partly because of failure of the Treaty of Versailles.
- 7 European countries met in Locarno, Switzerland. (Belgium, UK, Czechoslovakia, France, Germany, Italy & Poland) and wanted to discuss permanent peace.
- Nations treated Germany as a friendly nation for first time since WW1
- Stresemann was Germany's representative.
- Locarno Treaty used to build a good relationship between France and Germany.
- Stresemann wanted to relationships with all countries.
- Re-issued statement of German responsibility for WW1
- Worked building relationship with France.
- Important so Germany could build up strong imports and exports which would give them a strong economy.
- German people were upset with re-announcement that Germany were solely responsible for WW1
- Stresemann believed it was a small concession for a potential big economy gain.
Similar History resources: