- How did changes in 1500-1750 affect crime?
- Money bought new people to england and now ideas. Protests about jobs.
- Population growth
- There are more people around to disagree with the monarch
- Increased wealth and poverty
- If there were more wealthy people then there would be just as many people to beg and steal
- Religious ideas
- Going against the church (depending on the monarch) Spinsters with pets and big noses are witches
- Invention of printing
- News about the monarchy can spread quicker. Spread news of riots
- Political change
- People switches loyalties from monarchy to the parliament. Witches could condem the king/queen and hurt them
- Increased travel
- Witches are more like likely to be caught by puritens. Smuggle more and quicker
- People get angry at the monarch for letting taxes pass. Protests. Things getting more expensive and needing to steal
- Landowners attitude
- Protests about land. More people to poach.
Similar History resources: