- Created by: freyamt
- Created on: 15-03-18 09:29
- How are the past and present intertwined in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'?
- William's links the past with the structure of the play - use of Blanche's flashbacks
- Blanche's character linked to the older form of theater, melodrama and sudden outbursts of emotion
- Scene 4, stage directions "Blanche utters a moaning cry and runs into the bedroom, throwing herself down beside Stella in a rush of hysterical tenderness"
Similar English Literature resources: