- Created by: Sophierobins123
- Created on: 13-02-18 09:42
- Stem cells
- Stem can differentiate into different types of cells
- Embryonic stem cells are unspecialised, this means their able to divide to produce any type of specialised cell
- After the 8th cell stage, most of the stem cells in a human embryo start to differentiate
- Adult humans only have stem cells in certain places like the bone marrow.
- In the future it may be possible that stem cells can be used to create specialised cells to replace those which have been damaged by disease or injury