- Buy in bulk, often cheaper but check date codes, freeze perishables (food that will go bad quickly).
- Grow your own/eat seasonally.
- Cheaper because you get more and you would only take what you need.
- Cheaper, less food miles and more economical.
- Make tired fruit and vegetables into something else (e.g. vegetables could make soup and bananas could be made into bread/ice-cream).
- So that food is not wasted.
- Stock rotation.
- So food isn't wasted.
- Make/prepare what you need and freeze leftovers .
- So that food that isn't eaten is not wasted.
- Look for offers.
- Cheaper, can give variety in your diet. Better quality for the same price.
- Plan and do a shopping list.
- Only buy what you need not extra.
- Buy shop brands/ economy brands.
- Make use of whole egg (e.g. both yolk and white).
- So that you don't waste part of the egg.
Similar Economics resources: